Orange Treasurer Eric Woolery Enters Auditor-Controller's Race
(ORANGE COUNTY, CA, February 19, 2014) – Orange Treasurer Eric Woolery has announced his candidacy for Orange County Auditor-Controller. He enters the race as the clear frontrunner, with $50,000 cash on hand and a lengthy list of bipartisan endorsements from across Orange County.
"Serving as Auditor-Controller would be an incredible opportunity to use my years of experience in both business and government finance to give back to the county I've called home since high school," Woolery said. "I am honored and humbled by the number of people who are endorsing my candidacy for Orange County Auditor-Controller."
In addition to his current elected office of Orange Treasurer, Woolery's public service began with his election to the Orange County Board of Education and continued on the Orange Audit Committee and as Deputy Director of Administration in the Riverside County District Attorney's Office. He spent the majority of his career in the private sector, having served as the owner of a multi-location private accounting firm, a corporate CFO, a corporate controller, and an accountant.
"With his experience in both the public and private sectors, Eric is one of Orange County's foremost financial leaders," said Patricia C. Bates, Vice Chair of the Orange County Board of Supervisors. "I am proud to endorse Eric Woolery for Auditor-Controller because we need his expertise leading the Orange County Auditor-Controller's office."
Supervisor Bates leads a long list of Orange County leaders who have endorsed Woolery for Auditor-Controller, including:
- Supervisor Patricia C. Bates
- Supervisor William G. Steiner (Ret.)
- Assemblyman Donald P. Wagner
- Laguna Niguel Mayor Linda Lindholm
- Tustin Mayor Al Murray
- Tustin Mayor Jerry Amante (Ret.)
- Orange Mayor Pro Tem Mark Murphy
- Tustin Mayor Pro Tem Chuck Puckett
- Aliso Viejo Councilman Mike Munzing
- Fullerton Councilwoman Jennifer Fitzgerald
- Lake Forest Councilman Scott Voigts
- Mission Viejo Councilman Frank Ury
- Orange Councilman Fred Whitaker
- San Clemente City Councilwoman Lori Donchak
- Tustin Councilman Allan Bernstein
- Tustin Councilman John Nielsen
- Orange County Board of Education Trustee Ken Williams
- Rancho Santiago Community College District Trustee Arianna Barrios
- Rancho Santiago Community College District Trustee John Hanna
- Rancho Santiago Community College District Trustee Phil Yarbrough
- Irvine Unified School District Trustee Paul Bokota
- Irvine Unified School District Trustee Lauren Brooks
- Orange Unified School District Vice President Alexia Deligianni
- Orange Unified School District Trustee Tim Surridge
- Orange Unified School District Trustee Mark Wayland
- East Orange County Water District Director Doug Davert
- Orange County Transportation Authority Director Michael Hennessey
A Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Woolery earned his Bachelor of Arts in Business Administration and Accounting from Cal State Fullerton. He resides in Orange with his wife, Lisa, and their two young children.