As your Auditor-Controller, I oversee Orange County's finances. I'm a CPA, who spent most of my career in the private sector, where I owned and managed several businesses through fiscal prudence and responsibility.
Since you first elected me as your Auditor-Controller four years ago:
- We finally paid off the last of the bonds from the 1994 Orange County bankruptcy.
- I restored independent oversight of county government by bringing the internal audit function back to my office.
- We ensured that voters will always know the costs of Orange County ballot measures before voting on them.
As Orange County's Taxpayer Watchdog, I:
- Successfully fought Sacramento efforts to take millions of dollars away from Orange County taxpayers.
- Found a $354,000 fraud committed by a drug rehab center and turned it over to the District Attorney for prosecution.
- Exposed pension shenanigans and taxpayer-funded political mailers.
- Discovered potentially illegal activities by County employees and helped put a stop to it.
I grew up in Orange County, graduated from Cal State Fullerton, and married my high school sweetheart. We live in Orange with our two children, who attend local public schools.
I would be honored to have your vote for another term as Orange County Auditor-Controller.
Eric Woolery, CPA
Orange County Auditor-Controller